What have you been doing since you completed your training at ITI?
What impact have you had at your place of work?
What innovative ideas have you come up with?
We would like to know.
That is why we have launched the…
ITI IMPACT AND INNOVATION AWARDs
ITI is calling for nominations for the Impact and Innovation Awards.
The awards are to celebrate the impact and innovation of ITI graduates in different aspects of English language teaching (ELT) and to provide a forum to share and disseminate innovative practice. The ITI Awards aim to elicit practical innovative ideas in general so no idea is too small or large. We anticipate nominations in the following:
1. Innovation in the classroom: (An innovative activity, classroom technique, lesson plan, series of lessons, method).
2. Innovation in the institution: (Innovative ideas for projects, course planning, assessment, teacher development, teacher/learner motivation, material design).
3. Innovation and the use of ELT resources and technology.
The Awards are aimed at teacher practitioners and not at academic research. The ITI Awards recognise teachers who think creatively and reshape the way we teach and learn English.
ITI graduates from around the world can apply.
All you need to do is submit a video of between 5 – 9 minutes highlighting how you have made an impact in your teaching context.
The deadline for submissions is 1st June 2019.
Applications will be judged by a panel of experts and the winners will be announced in September 2019 on the prestigious Impact and Innovation Award Day in Istanbul. The day is a showcase for ITI graduates from different countries and teaching contexts to share innovations and recognise the impact of ITI graduates in fashioning the shape of English language teaching in the future. This first year it is also a most fitting part of the ITI 30th anniversary celebrations.
Winners receive a range of prizes including free places or scholarships on our training courses as well as a forum to promote and share their good practice.
HOW TO APPLY.
Using either your phone or a video camera record your answers to the following questions in 5 – 9 minutes.
1. What is your name and place of work?
2. What is the innovation you want to talk about? Can you describe it?
3. What has the impact of the innovation been? What are the effects / results?
4. How do you want to continue this innovation in the future?
5. Why do you believe this is a useful innovation?
It is recommended that you provide evidence and examples to support your statements whenever possible. You may insert photos, images in your video.
The total video cannot exceed 9 minutes.
HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR VIDEO.
- Upload your video to YouTube.
- Name the file: ITI awards/yourname
- Send the YouTube link to: firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- You may nominate an individual (including yourself), or an office, institution, or organization. Please forward this link to colleagues you would like to nominate.
- You and/or your office, institution, or organization need to include at least one ITI graduate to be nominated or to win a prize.
- There is no limit to the number of entries an individual or institution may submit.
We believe Teacher Development is about enabling teachers to do things as well as know things. We believe innovation in practice has a long-term impact on teaching and learning quality.
We look forward to hearing your ideas and welcoming you to receive your prize in September 2019.