TEACHING PERFORMING ARTS IN ENGLISH
This is an introductory course into Teaching Performing Arts which requires no previous teaching experience. On completion of the course, you will receive a certificate issued by ITI. The course is an excellent preparation for people interested in teaching the basics of musical theatre: singing, dance and acting.
Who Is It for?
- wish to learn more about the teaching of performing arts to children
- have been teaching an aspect of performing arts in an unqualified capacity
- are established teachers who are wishing to revitalize their skills in the teaching of performing arts
- want to teach more creatively
What are the course objectIves?
- The ability to make balanced judgments, backed by sound reasoning, on a variety of teaching styles.
- The demonstration of effective approaches to teaching singing, dance and acting.
- An awareness of current relevant issues connected with the role of performing arts teacher
What does It Involve?
- Face-to-face input sessions in which you will learn teaching techniques and activities and how these can be applied in the classroom presented by experienced teachers from a variety of contexts.
- Teaching Practice in which you will get the chance to practise some of the things you learn on the course by teaching a live class.
- Feedback sessions in which you reflect on and evaluate your lesson with an experienced tutor.
- Lesson planning in which you prepare lessons with colleagues under the professional supervision of your tutor.
- Online tasks in which you will get further input to that already done face-to-face.
- Background reading to help you learn more about teaching performing arts.
How long does It last?
- 18 hours face-to-face
- Plus hours online
What are the entry requIrements?
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old
- Minimum language level B2 or above
What wIll I be requIred to do durIng the course?
- Attend all the input sessions
- Complete lesson plans and written tasks
- Complete the online component of the course
- Create a portfolio of your work
How much Is the course?
- 200 GBP